quinta-feira, 9 de dezembro de 2010

GUARATUBA BAY - Eric and New Years Eve on the island of Paqueta - Parts I and II

Late afternoon, rain, gray skies, mild temperatures ...
 Climate pretty typical of Curitiba in December.
 Great for writing, reading or enjoying your music.
 Opted for the latter.
 Plug the cable from the shells ergonomic Sony, sound equipment and also to their ears, lying on the sofa of his loft, preparing to use the remote control and select some MP3 download on the internet ... Plus your laptop drive.
 On the sideboard next to the couch, ceramic pots filled with cashews, peanuts, olives and cheese cubes parmezão previously prepared with the Japanese knife slicing sashimi ... covered with oregano and olive oil.
 -If you know that Suzuki used this blade with which I present to prepare sushi and sashimi, and I used it to slice the cheese into cubes of Parma, order the return on time and gives me a good cussing! Entertaining thought
 In the silver bucket, a bottle of Dom Perignon, vintage ice cubes between 68 and crystal bowl waiting for the bubbling nectar and sparkling silver softly yellowish.
  Nothing distracted from this pleasure ... and even knew in advance that would end up spending the night on the couch, enjoying those golden dreams and pleasant with him a long time.
 Mal picked a few tracks of music and saxophone, played by Stan Getz, Don Byas and Gato Barbiere, commanded the rheostat lighting to a penumbra e. ..
 Shit!
 The display of the phone next to the bucket of ice in the Martian ET green color, lit ...
 Thankfully, that was before I deliver to daydream! Thought
 -I ...
 -Eric?
 -Sure, or someone else has the same number?
 -EIII-me ... boy, Junqueira ...
 -Sorry, did not even look the binding source and then? Junqueira okay?
 -Me-all, but it seems to me not so much with you, by the way they answered ... ah ah

-Neither is decrepit old man, how are things going there in Rio?
 -Very good as usual, but just called to give you a news ...
 -Bring it on!
 -You still insist that your book doomed?
 -One-day finish it, pal ...
- Oh...boy, is already involved in this matter for over five years, and the only thing that sent me so far, are children's stories of fish, birds, Indians and aliens ah ah ah ...
 -It's just the beginning of the story I told you.
 -Found the fucking Book of the Tomb of yours ... "small town"?
 -But know that I found, you know? Do not read the draft of Guaratuba Bay-Eric and the Book of the Fall?
 -Tell me more, this odyssey! ah ah ah
 -One day ... maybe!
 -Eric, never guess what fell into my hands ...
 -Speak, art collector ...." stolen!
 -And... documents too, remember?
 -It's true ... but someday will see the sunrise square friend!
 -Not a dream, my sources are super safe ... ah ah ah
 -Ok ... now what could?
 -Something that might interest you, an original document of the Count D'Eu, about the War of Paraguay, would fit in his historical tale?
 -You kidding, right-Junqueira?
 -Really, one might say, in my business associate went to Lisbon and got the loan rom a library, do you?
 -Of course not, original documents are not available for loans ...
 -Yeah, but officials there did not know it yet ... ah ah ah
 -And his collaborator snatched the document right? Have I told you, you will end up in jail buddy!
 -Not come with sermons, whether or not?
 -Sure I want, but not the original, a copy of it already xerostática suit me, and you could even do one good and honest action after returning to the original that this library!
 -It cost me a bundle Eric!!
 -A photocopy Junqueira is cheap, do so and send me by mail, pay the postage, I promise.
 -But neither the stick!
 -Want me to explore it?
 -You know that this time there?
 -And there still believe in Santa Claus, and leaving you?
 -Eric ... I'm organizing a New Year's party here in my mansion on the island of Paqueta, why not come and get your copy personally? Would save the post ... ah ah
 -Are you nuts? Realized that today is the night of December 30th?
 -Ahhh .... I understand it, sold the "fireball" to make a quick buck, you know, proletarian?
 -Humph, I sold, here's the garage ...
 -And ... that ... ill ask him do not have money for gas, right?
 -You know where prac sent you now ...
 -I suspect it is getting to be old and grumpy friend!
 -I´m? Old? And you ... "dinosaur"?
 -Eric only invited the cream of the cream of high society and the Northeast this time ... will be a garland friend!
 -Junqueira, do not tempt me!
 -If you can get at the Gloria Marina until three o'clock tomorrow, my yacht, will still be there ... and I can give you a ride to the island!
 -Are you doubting my ability behind the wheel is?
 -You still have driver's license? ah ah ah
 -I'm only eighteen points, this second edition after recycling to the DMV that forced me to do ...
 -What was, walked in the street running over a dog?
 -On speeding, again Junqueira, and I try to restrain myself, but that fucking engine of my Porsche, tease me too ...

- It's that black Carrera convertible and I met in Buzios?
 -He even, I'm the faithful type, you know?
 -Loyal? With what?
 -Neither comes with sermo now you combined?
 -Coming or not coming to my New Year's party?
 -I´m going, I leave Curitiba at five in the morning ...
 -So ...  Classmate!

click ....

Well Eric, I miss you to pick a road and sink the same foot on the accelerator.
Part II
He liked to wake up early to start a trip along the path and at five o'clock in the morning, left the garage of the flat toward the BR-116.
Four hours after taking the Avenida Ayrton Senna highway Workers in Sao Paulo and soon, since the disputed areas with numerous trucks on the Via Dutra.
He entered the city by the Red Line, too soon, only 14:00 pm.
Decided a quick kill time before going to the Marina da Gloria, took the opposite direction, and at the intersection of Prudence X Recklessness ... street in Ipanema Prudente de Moraes street corner with Vinicius de Moraes ...
An açai juice and a cookie for cod in the famous bar Girl  of Ipanema and a half hours later, towards the Ave. Infante Dom Henrique, where Marina is located between the Gloria and Flamengo cove.
He parked his Porsche in the place indicated by the Ordinance, the bank withdrew a black bag, and threw the strip arm...
He walked unhurriedly by the pier where he knew be the birthplace of Playboy III, "boat" of only 100 feet of his friend Junqueira, the collector of works of art ...
Junqueira to see him five minutes before three o'clock, the time given by him for the match to Paqueta Island smiled.
-Always at the last minute huh, her loose?
Hiii -Junqueira, dammit ... how many people on the boat!
-Only part of the guests, others are already on the island ... Heyyyy ... what is it that exchange students?
-My change of clothes, your practical party  Eric talked about throwing the bag into the boat.
-Are you nuts dude? It is a feast indeed, where are your smoking?
-Smoking? - Crazy ya Junqueira, do not use it for more than 20 years, brought his shorts and shirt, which I bought in bloom Hawaii, is a tropical party is not it?
-Well, more or less ... it will be next to the pool in the garden with tropical decor, but it is a party to Eric ACCURACY ... ... men in tuxedos or summers and women with their gowns!
-Damn, why did not you tell me before?
-Is to rent a tuxedo?
-Of course not, I do not come to your "bash" the rich, not really.
-Between this fucking boat soon, we have to leave, then we will think a way out of this ... its childish, mocking!
-Junqueira, do not want to embarrass you, I can go through one of his waiters serving cocktails in glasses ... colored or coconuts with straws ... ah ah ah
Junqueira, Eric just looked so angry way, because there was much talk of it for your guests and there was the bringing folgadão ... ... short, practical use in a New Year's Eve party, and no. . . Rio de janeiro!
At this time an Airbus A-300 spent scraping the antenna of the boat with a devil  noise, taking one track from Santos Dumont airport ...
The intrepid captain, nor noted the brim of the jet on the mast of the boat, seeming already accustomed, putting the bow on course 300 ° magnetic NO, in a straight line to the expected defeat, lat 22 ° 76 'S and long. 43 ° 11 'O, the coordinates of the island located 12 miles from Marina da Gloria, a journey of only 35 minutes to the dock's mansion Junqueira.
During this time, Eric and his friend had time to settle their business in the cabins of the boat, out of sight of passengers.
- It's the usefulness of his book, Eric?
Eric reviewed the document and the copy of the original ...
- Without doubt, my city participated in this war with some fighters and had a relevant fact occurred ... in spite of the need to think about this stupid war against Paraguay, ordered by the Count D'Eu, which for me was a puppet in the hands of the British, but they had an interest in preventing the expansion of this small country
- Eric, I do not understand ...
- Next, Junqueira, England at the time was used in Brazil, Argentina and Uruguay, as explorers of their wealth and Paraguay, threatening that hegemony, to be more aligned with Spain.
The Paraguay, squeezed between Brazil, Argentina, Chile and Bolivia, had no sea coast, and depended on the navigation on the river Paraguay, river Parana, and finally, after the confluence of the Parana and Uruguay rivers, forming the Sea del Plata, already in open sea and access to the Atlantic and Pacific oceans, the most southern of these joints and, after the outline of Cape Horn, the Drake Passage ...
-And ...?
At the time, Paraguay was coming out of a fratricidal war with Bolivia, without winners or losers, but with an enjoyable experience.
Hard to imagine today that without maritime borders, Paraguay had a powerful fleet of war right?
But he had, and was intended to ensure that water route necessary for their development, nor that it needed to take territories along these rivers, Brazil, Argentina and Uruguay.
Nice, the British led these three countries to form a triple alliance and declare war on impending enemy, of course, that it would need to rely on British and equipment financing to crippling interest ...
"And where it goes Guaratuba?
The Brazilian navy has hired the better, requested the services of a steamer called Sao Paulo, which belongs to a merchant named Jacinto Ribeiro Paulo Amaral, husband of the famous Brazilian pianist and composer, Gonzaga Chica ...
- Herself Chiquinha-Gonzaga?
- Itself ...
-And what happened?
In late November, more precisely 15.00 the day November 26, 1866, the ship returned from war front bringing fighters fleeing the carnage that happened ... in fierce naval battles, and the inability of the master Vapor São Paulo, despite the heavy fog that happened, came to run aground at the tip of Caieiras Guaratuba, and believe it or not, less than 50 meters from shore.
The people flocked to the desperate guaratubana whistles of the steam and removed from the hull, the 600 soldiers and crew members, among them the very Chiquinha Gonzaga, even without a human loss, except for a fighter seriously wounded in the front that came to death on terra .
- Wow, what luck huh?
-Yeah, but will like to know of other figures of this war Junqueira ...
- What?
-Died in this war, no less than 3,100 Uruguayans, 18,000 Argentines, 50,000 Brazilians and believe me, 15% of the Paraguayan people, "only" 300,000 people between military and civilians!
-Wow? I never learned it in school, you know?
-In our schools only teach us about heroism in the victorious Battle of Riachuelo, I assure you that you've learned, right?
-Let him go, but as far as you care about this document?
-Although my book is a historical novel, like to save documents that prove the veracity of facts, Junqueira!
-And where his, another book, Planet DC46, which I saw in some drafts of essays that sent me, fit into this?
It's the same book Junqueira, the Guaratuba Bay, is part of Planet DC46 ...
-If realized that we have passed under the bridge Rio-Niterói? Junqueira frown
-Yeah ... I did make the journey by her several times ...
-So let's do what interests me now ...
-Sure, I know you well as your browser ...?
-Only ten-thousand, and just because you are my friend, I had a lot of costs, e. ..
-Stop, take checks?
-Sure ...
Shortly after anchoring the dock of the mansion on the island ...
Continued in part III

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário